Here's the method for computing an exposure map for several different
pointings. I believe a thread is currently being made that will explain this
1) Run dmmakepar (case=lower) on the reprojected evt2 file that was used to
make the final, merged evt2 file. If this is not available, use the original
aoff file and simply edit the values for ra_nom, dec_nom, and roll_nom.
2) Run asp_calc_offsets using the observation parameter file you created in
3) Work through the thread "Compute Multiple Chip Exposure Map" steps 3-8:
4) Repeat for the other observation(s)
5) Run dmregrid on the final exposure maps
Background filtering is easier to do on the individual pointings; then you can
use the filters you get and apply them to the merged file.
I hope this helps,
> Hello everyone,
> For a combined data observed during two different period (ACIS for
> each observations faces different direction, but the object was placed at
> the same exact position on the S3 chip), how can I combine or treat
> each file containing the aspect offsets? (e.g. in case of computing
> Exposure map).
> In this case, I could not obtain proper backgound_lc.fits file
> in 'Eliminating High Background Times' thread.
> Anyone has idea about this??
> Thanks in advance ...
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun May 19 2013 - 01:00:05 EDT