The CIAO team has released an update to the CIAO contributed science
tarfile. The new tarfile may be download via ciao-install
(http://cxc.harvard.edu/ciao/download/) or from the CIAO Contributed
Scripts Page (http://cxc.harvard.edu/ciao/download/scripts/).
The changes in this release are:
* Added workaround for an arfcorr bug: if the input event files are
gzipped and not explicitly entered with the ".gz" extension, the arfcorr
tool would fail.
* Bug fix: script exits with an error if a region encloses zero counts.
* the units of the exposure map are added back to the mosaic image.
o) chips_contrib.utils module
* A new routine, add_ds9_contours, allows you to add the contours
saved by DS9 (e.g. ds9.con) to a ChIPS visualization.
o) crates_contrib.utils module
* the new read_ds9_contours routine  reads in the data from a DS9
* the new SimpleCoordTransform class provides coordinate
transformations between the coordinate systems of a CIAO-produced image.
for the CIAO team
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Wed Dec 04 2013 - 01:00:08 EST