|AHELP for CIAO 4.5 ChIPS v1||
Shuffles the rendering order of the object within the depth.
shuffle([id,] object, direction)
- id - an optional ChipsId structure containing values to modify the currency state for the command or a string to specify the id of the object to operate on.
- object - what type of object to modify, such as chips_line or chips_curve; see the Object Type section of "ahelp chipsopt"
- direction - how to shuffle the object; options are chips_forward, chips_backward, chips_front, and chips_back.
By default, objects within a depth are ordered chonologically based on when they were added to that depth. The objects are stacked with the oldest item at the back of the list and the newest item at the front of the list. This order dictates how the objects overlap when drawn.
The shuffle command changes the object's position within the stack. Any given object may be shuffled forward or backward one place in the stack or sent directly to the front or back of the stack.
The available "direction" options are:
- chips_back - send to the back of the stack
- chips_front - send to the front of the stack
- chips_forward - moves one step closer to the front
- chips_backward - moves one step further back
The shuffle routines can only operate on a single object. An error is returned if currency is set to "all".
There is also a "shuffle" command for specific ChIPS objects: shuffle_axis, shuffle_colorbar, shuffle_contour, shuffle_curve, shuffle_histogram, shuffle_image, shuffle_label, shuffle_line, shuffle_point, and shuffle_region. Additionally, there are direction-specific commands: shuffle_back, shuffle_backward, shuffle_forward, and shuffle_front.
chips> add_line(.1,.1,.9,.9,'thickness=9') chips> add_line(.1,.9,.9,.1,'thickness=9 color=red') chips> add_line(.6,.1,.6,.9,'thickness=9 color=lime') chips> shuffle(chips_line, chips_back)
Create three overlapping lines. Move the current line to the back of the depth.
chips> shuffle('line2', chips_line, chips_backward)
Move the line "line2" one step back in the rendering order.
See the bugs pages on the ChIPS website for an up-to-date listing of known bugs.
- collapse_depths, display_depth, get_default_depth, hide_depth, reindex_depth, set_default_depth
- shuffle_colorbar, shuffle_image
- shuffle_back, shuffle_backward, shuffle_forward, shuffle_front