This page contains warnings concerning the quality of data products in the Chandra Archive, grouped by instrument. For a more detailed description of the data products, visit the Data Products Guide.
All data received from the Chandra X-ray Observatory is processed through the standard data processing (SDP) pipelines at the Chandra X-ray Center. CIAO is designed for use with data with a processing version of "R4CU5UPD8" or "DS6.0.0" or higher; see the Note on Processing Versions for more information. To obtain the most up-to-date processing for a given observation, visit the Chandra Data Archive.
If you have any specific questions about your data, please email the Helpdesk.
- The current Calibration Status Report
- For data processed prior to DS6.9 (released August 2002) see this off-axis angle caveat
- ACIS Pipeline-Processed Event Data
- ACIS Pipeline-Processed Mask Files
Spectral analyses of ACIS data with a limited pulse-height range
This document replaces an earlier caveat titled "ACIS Event Thresholds".
- ACIS Onboard Event Filtering
- Degredation of Low Energy QE
- Clarification of time-related keywords in FITS header
- Time Keywords in Interleaved Data
- Zero-exposure Event File
- Incorrect Data Products for Jupiter (ObsIDs 2398,2399,2400,2401,2407,2408)