The Sherpa fake_pha command is available for simulating a Chandra PHA data set with an input instrument response and source model expression. These threads describe how to produce simulated data appropriate for your analysis.
- Simulating X-ray Spectral Data (PHA): the fake_pha command (13 Dec 2012)
- Simulating Chandra ACIS-S Spectra with Sherpa
- Simulating Chandra ACIS-S LETG Spectra with Sherpa
- Simulating IXO/CAT Spectra with Sherpa
- Creating an Input Spectrum for MARX and ChaRT Simulations
- Simulating NuSTAR X-Ray Spectra with Sherpa