CDA - Home
- Public Data
- Proprietary Data
- Repro III
- Repro IV
- Repro V
- Privacy Impact Assessment
- Release Notes
- Archive Operations Team
Search and Retrieve Data
Advanced Data Services
- Synopsis of Services
- Footprint Service
- Chandra MOCs
- Chandra Source Catalog
- SDSS Cross-Match Catalog
- Bibliography Search
Archive User Services
- Synopsis of Services
- Processing Status
- Special Requests
- Dataset Identifiers
- Contributed Datasets
- CXO Papers Repository
Chandra Aggregated Datasets
Publishing Chandra Results
Data Analysis Links
- The archive is fully functional.
Reprocessing IV has been completed in December 2014.
- ASCDSVER: 10.11.1
- CALDBVER: 4.10.5
- Electrical Outage 11/05/21 - 11/06/21
There will be a planned electrical outage Friday, November 5 2021, 5:30PM - Saturday, November 6 2021, 6:00PM EDT. During this time period ChaSeR and other archive interfaces will be unavailable.
- Electrical Outage on 07/28/21
There will be a planned electrical outage Wednesday, July 28 2021, 8:00PM - 10:00PM EDT. During this time period ChaSeR and other archive interfaces will be unavailable.
- Downtime on 6/12/21
Due to electrical work, the public interfaces of the Chandra Data Archive will not be available on Saturday 6/12 from 4 AM to 9 PM.
- Repro V Begins
The fifth major reprocessing of the archive (Repro V) has started! Details can be found here.
- Past Notices
The Chandra Data Archive (CDA) plays a central role in the operation of the Chandra X-ray Center (CXC) by providing support to the astronomical community in accessing Chandra data. The CDA offers access to digital archives through powerful query engines, including VO-compliant interfaces and also serves as a permanent storage repository of contributed data products by authors who have processed images or other pertinent and valuable datasets that are essential to their publications.
Access the Chandra Data Archive
- ChaSeR: Search & Retrieval interface for scientists, allowing specification of detailed selection criteria. Chandra Fast Image is a simplified quick search tool for Chandra X-ray images and other data for the general public.
- HTTPS: Direct access to the primary and secondary data products for all observations that are publicly released.
- Cool Chandra Targets (formerly known as CATs): the list of approved Cool Chandra Targets (CCTs) programs, including the PI names, titles and abstracts.
- Footprint Service: A search by position or object name overlays the footprints of Chandra Observations on Digital Sky Survey images, allowing further selection and retrieval of observations.
- Chandra MOCs: Multi-Order Coverage maps (MOCs) for public Chandra observations, that can be used to visualize and analyze the global Chandra footprint.
- Chandra Source Catalog: The most comprehensive catalog of sources detected in public Chandra Observations. The catalog can be accessed through CSCview.
- CIAO Tools: There are command-line scripts for finding and downloading publicly-available Chandra data from the Archive. Please note that proprietary data can only be accessed using ChaSeR.
- find_chandra_obsid: The tool will find publicly available Chandra data that covers a circular region of sky (a point search can be used by setting the search radius to 0).
- download_chandra_obsid: The tool will download public data by ObsId from the Chandra archive.
- SDSS Cross-Match Catalog: A cross-matching service linking Chandra and SDSS sources.
- Bibliography Search: Simultaneous browsing of the archive and the literature with a large repertoire of selection criteria.
- Processing Status: Information on the processing status of Chandra observations.
- Special Requests: Requests for services not available through standard interfaces such as requesting a custom dataset identifier; requesting a custom database query; and many others.
- ZTF Annotation: Annotation of the Chandra archival observations with Zwicky Transient Factory objects
- CDA Data Object Identifiers (DOIs): The new way to cite Chandra data in publications!