If new calibration has been applied to the event file, the grating spectrum should be re-extracted as well. It is then possible to build grating response files (gARF, gRMF) in order to model and fit the data.
- Chandra Grating Analysis Page
- WebGUIDE: Interactive GUIDE for ATOMDB
- Chandra Grating Data Archive and Catalog (TGCat): a browsable interface to analysis-quality spectral products.
The chandra_repro script may be
used to easily reprocess Chandra datasets.
Problems with the Zero Order:
- LETG/HRC-S Grating Spectra (24 Apr 2013)
- Applying Customized Background Regions to LETG/HRC-S Observations (24 Apr 2013)
- Grating Spectra for Multiple Sources - HRC
- Higher-order Responses for HRC-S/LETG Spectra
- HRC Grating RMFs (24 Apr 2013)
- LETG/HRC-S Grating ARFs (24 Apr 2013)
- Grouping a Grating Spectrum
Combining Spectra & Preparation for Fitting:
Modeling & Fitting Grating Data with Sherpa
(from the Sherpa analysis threads):