|AHELP for CIAO 4.5 ChIPS v1||
Changes the plot axis to use a logarithmic scale.
log_scale([plotname,] [dimension]) log_scale([ChipsId,] [dimension]) The function is also available as logarithmic_scale().
- plotname - an optional string giving the name of the plot in the current frame to modify.
- ChipsId - an optional ChipsId structure containing values to modify the currency state for the command.
- dimension - operate on axis in X dimension (X_AXIS), Y dimension (Y_AXIS), or both (XY_AXIS). If no dimension is specified, the command is applied to both axes.
The log_scale command changes the given axis (or axes) to use a logarithmic scale. To change back to a linear scale use the lin_scale command.
When the scale of an axis is changed, any axes that are bound to that axis are also changed, including plot border axes; see "ahelp bind_axes" for more information.
If the lower limit of an axis is 0 or less, then the lower limit will be re-calculated from the smallest positive value in the associated data set(s) for that axis. This happens whether the axis limit is "AUTO" or has been set to a specific value.
If both limits are 0 or less then the call will succeed but the axis will display no data or tick marks.
Set the current X and Y axis to log scale.
Set the current X axis to log scale.
These commands change the X and Y axes of the plot called "plot1" to a logarithmic scale. For this example the output of the "info" command is:
Window [win1] Frame [frm1] Plot [plot1] (0.15,0.52) .. (0.90,0.90) Border bottom [bx1] top [bx2] left [by1] right [by2] X Axis [ax1] Y Axis [ay1] Curve [crv1] Plot [plot2] (0.15,0.15) .. (0.90,0.52) Border bottom [bx1] top [bx2] left [by1] right [by2] X Axis [ax1] Y Axis [ay1] Curve [crv1]
chips> id = ChipsId() chips> id.plot = "plot1" chips> log_scale(id)
An alternative means to change the scaling of the axes in plot "plot1". This method is the only way to directly change a plot that is not in the current frame: for example
chips> id.window = "win2" chips> id.plot = "plot2" chips> log_scale(id, Y_AXIS)
will change the Y axis of the plot called "plot2" in window "win2" to be drawn with a logarithmic scale.
See the bugs pages on the ChIPS website for an up-to-date listing of known bugs.
- add_axis, bind_axes, current_axis, delete_axis, display_axis, display_major_ticks, display_minor_ticks, get_axis, get_xaxis, get_yaxis, hide_axis, hide_major_ticks, hide_minor_ticks, lin_scale, move_axis, reverse_axes, set_arbitrary_tick_positions, set_axis, set_xaxis, set_yaxis, shuffle_axis, unbind_axes
- get_plot_range, limits, panto, pick_limits, zoom
- add_plot, adjust_grid_gaps, adjust_grid_xrelsize, adjust_grid_xrelsizes, adjust_grid_yrelsize, adjust_grid_yrelsizes, clear_plot, current_plot, delete_plot, display_plot, get_plot, grid_objects, hide_plot, move_plot, reposition_plot, set_data_aspect_ratio, set_plot, set_plot_aspect_ratio, split, strip_chart, swap_object_positions
- get_preference, get_preferences, load_preferences, save_preferences, set_preference, set_preference_autoload, set_preferences