|AHELP for CIAO 4.5 ChIPS v1||
Moves the plot to a new location.
move_plot( [ChipsId,] xval, yval [,mode] )
- ChipsId - an optional ChipsId structure containing values to modify the currency state for the command.
- xval - new x location or the difference to move in x
- yval - new y location or the difference to move in y
- mode - reposition using absolute (0) or delta (1) values
The move_plot command moves the plot to a new position. The new location may be specified as an absolute position (default) or as relative offsets from the original location. When the "mode" parameter is set to absolute (0), (xval,yval) will be the new location of the lower left corner of the plot. If using relative offsets, the whole plot is shifted by the indicated amount. The move_plot command cannot specify (xval,yval) that moves the plot outside of the frame.
The following coordinate systems may be used to move a plot: PIXEL, WINDOW_NORM, or FRAME_NORM. The system is specified by setting the coord_sys field of the optional ChipsId structure which may be passed into the move_plot routine. If a ChipsId is not provided, frame normalized coordinates are used.
When a plot is moved, it remains in frame normalized coordinates regardless of what coordinate system was used for the move. The move command translates the specified values to the frame normalized coordinate system before moving the plot. This means that if a frame is repositioned, the plot will be adjusted accordingly.
This command is equivalent to calling the move command with 'chips_plot' specified as the object.
chips> add_plot() chips> move_plot(.1, .1)
Move the plot to the location (.1, .1) in the frame.
chips> add_plot(.5, .3, .9, .7) chips> move_plot(-.2, .1, 1)
Move the plot left 0.2 and up 0.1 in frame normalized units. The new location of the plot will be (.3, .4, .7, .8).
chips> add_window(360, 360, "pixels") chips> add_plot(.2, .2, .5, .9) chips> id = ChipsId() chips> id.coord_sys = PIXEL chips> move_plot(id, 36, 36)
Move the plot to pixel location (36,36).
chips> add_plot(.05,.1,.5,.9,'id="1st plot"') chips> add_plot(.5,.1,.95,.9,'id="2nd plot"') chips> move_plot('all',-.05,0,1) chips> move_plot('2nd plot', .1, 0, 1)
Create two plots. Move both plots 0.05 to the left, the shift the second plot back 0.1 to the right. This creates a gap between the two plots that could also have been achieved by using a split or grid_objects command.
See the bugs pages on the ChIPS website for an up-to-date listing of known bugs.
- add_plot, adjust_grid_gaps, adjust_grid_xrelsize, adjust_grid_xrelsizes, adjust_grid_yrelsize, adjust_grid_yrelsizes, clear_plot, current_plot, delete_plot, display_plot, get_plot, grid_objects, hide_plot, reposition_plot, set_data_aspect_ratio, set_plot, set_plot_aspect_ratio, split, strip_chart, swap_object_positions