|AHELP for CIAO 4.5 ChIPS v1||
Creates a strip chart containing multiple plots.
strip_chart(entries, [orientation,] [gaps,] [ratios,] [bindings,] [plotstyle,] [xlimits,] [ylimits,] [ticklabels])
- entries - the number of plot areas to create
- orientation - vertical (default, 0) or horizontal (1) arrangement
- gaps - spacing between the plots
- ratios - a list containing the relative sizes of the plots to one another
- bindings - which axes to bind: none (0), the stacked axis (default, 1), or both axes (2); see "ahelp bind_axes" for more information.
- plotstyle - the plot border style (chips_open|chips_closed|chips_box); see "ahelp set_plot" for more information.
- xlimits - a list of the minimum and maximum X values to use.
- ylimits - a list of the minimum and maximum Y values to use.
- ticklabels - boolean indicating whether ticklabels be drawn for all the stacked axes; see the Booleans section of "ahelp chipsopt"
The strip_chart command creates the specified number of plots in a horizonal or vertical arrangement.
The gap value is given as a percentage of the plot area, as defined by the plot margins in the preferences file.
The relative sizes of the plots may be set in the "ratios" argument. The number of list items must be the same as the number of entries. For three entries, a list of "[1, 2, 2]" makes the plots 1/5 (plot1), 2/5 (plot2), and 2/5 (plot3) of the available area.
Bound axes are intended to display the same range of data. By default, strip_chart binds the stacked axis. When the limits, scale, or tick mode of an axis changes, any axes bound to the modified axis are also changed. The "ahelp bind_axes" document has more information, including a list of synchronized properties.
To create a grid of plots, see the split command ("ahelp split") .
Create a strip chart of three plots, arranged vertically.
chips> strip_chart(2, 1, 0.01, [1, 3])
The strip chart consists of two plot areas, arranged horizontally, with a 0.01 gap between them. The ratio of the plot areas is 1:3.
See the bugs pages on the ChIPS website for an up-to-date listing of known bugs.
- add_plot, adjust_grid_gaps, adjust_grid_xrelsize, adjust_grid_xrelsizes, adjust_grid_yrelsize, adjust_grid_yrelsizes, clear_plot, current_plot, delete_plot, display_plot, get_plot, grid_objects, hide_plot, move_plot, reposition_plot, set_data_aspect_ratio, set_plot, set_plot_aspect_ratio, split, swap_object_positions