|AHELP for CIAO 4.6 Sherpa v2||
Comptonization by relativistically moving matter. XSpec model.
This is an analytic model describing Comptonization of soft photons by matter undergoing relativistic bulk-motion. The typical scenario involves thermal X-rays from the inner region of an accretion disk in a black-hole binary illuminating in-falling matter in close proximity to the black-hole event horizon. For a detailed description of the model, refer to one of the following:
- Titarchuk, Mastichiadis and Kylafis 1997, ApJ, 487, 834
- Titarchuk and Zannias, 1998, ApJ, 493, 863
- Laurent and Titarchuk 1999, ApJ, 511, 289
- Zannias, Borozdin, Revnivtsev., Trudolyubov, Shrader, and Titarchuk, 1999, ApJ, 517, 367
- Shrader and Titarchuk 1999, ApJ 521, L21
The model parameters are the characteristic black-body temperature of the soft photon source, a spectral (energy) index, and an illumination parameter characterizing the fractional illumination of the bulk-motion flow by the thermal photon source.
It must be emphasized that this model is not an additive combination of power law and thermal sources, rather it represents a self-consistent convolution. The bulk-motion up-scattering and Compton recoil combine to produce the hard spectral tail, which combined with the thermal source results in the canonical high-soft-state spectrum of black hole accretion. The position of the sharp high energy cutoff (due to recoil) can be determined using the theta function Theta (E_c-E). The model can also be used for the general Comptonization case when the energy range is limited from above by the plasma temperature.
This is an additive model component.
|1||kt||temperature of thermal photon source in keV|
|2||alpha||energy spectral index|
|3||loga||log of the A parameter. Note that f in Borozdin et al 1999 and Shrader and Titarchuk 1999 is 10^logA.|
|4||norm||A_N, defined in in Borozdin et al 1999 and Shrader and Titarchuk 1999|
This information is taken from the XSpec User's Guide. Version 12.8.0k of the XSpec models is supplied with CIAO 4.6.
For a list of known bugs and issues with the XSPEC models, please visit the XSPEC bugs page.
- absorptionedge, absorptiongaussian, absorptionlorentz, absorptionvoigt, accretiondisk, atten, bbody, bbodyfreq, beta1d, beta2d, blackbody, box1d, box2d, bpl1d, bremsstrahlung, brokenpowerlaw, ccm, const1d, const2d, cos, delta1d, delta2d, dered, devaucouleurs2d, disk2d, edge, emissiongaussian, emissionlorentz, emissionvoigt, erf, erfc, exp, exp10, fm, gauss1d, gauss2d, hubblereynolds, jdpileup, linebroad, list_model_components, list_models, lmc, log, log10, logabsorption, logemission, logparabola, lorentz1d, lorentz2d, models, normbeta1d, normgauss1d, normgauss2d, opticalgaussian, poisson, polynom1d, polynom2d, polynomial, powerlaw, powlaw1d, recombination, scale1d, scale2d, schechter, seaton, sersic2d, shell2d, sin, sm, smc, sqrt, stephi1d, steplo1d, tablemodel, tan, xgal, xs, xsabsori, xsacisabs, xsapec, xsbapec, xsbbody, xsbbodyrad, xsbexrav, xsbexriv, xsbkn2pow, xsbknpower, xsbremss, xsbvapec, xsbvvapec, xsc6mekl, xsc6pmekl, xsc6pvmkl, xsc6vmekl, xscabs, xscemekl, xscevmkl, xscflow, xscompbb, xscompls, xscompps, xscompst, xscompth, xscomptt, xsconstant, xscplinear, xscutoffpl, xscyclabs, xsdisk, xsdiskbb, xsdiskir, xsdiskline, xsdiskm, xsdisko, xsdiskpbb, xsdiskpn, xsdust, xsedge, xseplogpar, xseqpair, xseqtherm, xsequil, xsexpabs, xsexpdec, xsexpfac, xsezdiskbb, xsgabs, xsgadem, xsgaussian, xsgnei, xsgrad, xsgrbm, xshighecut, xshrefl, xskerrbb, xskerrd, xskerrdisk, xslaor, xslaor2, xslogpar, xslorentz, xsmeka, xsmekal, xsmkcflow, xsnei, xsnotch, xsnpshock, xsnsa, xsnsagrav, xsnsatmos, xsnsmax, xsnteea, xsnthcomp, xsoptxagn, xsoptxagnf, xspcfabs, xspegpwrlw, xspexmon, xspexrav, xspexriv, xsphabs, xsplabs, xsplcabs, xsposm, xspowerlaw, xspshock, xspwab, xsraymond, xsredden, xsredge, xsrefsch, xssedov, xssirf, xssmedge, xsspexpcut, xsspline, xssrcut, xssresc, xssss_ice, xsstep, xsswind1, xstbabs, xstbgrain, xstbvarabs, xsuvred, xsvapec, xsvarabs, xsvbremss, xsvequil, xsvgadem, xsvgnei, xsvmcflow, xsvmeka, xsvmekal, xsvnei, xsvnpshock, xsvphabs, xsvpshock, xsvraymond, xsvsedov, xsvvapec, xswabs, xswndabs, xsxion, xszbbody, xszbremss, xszdust, xszedge, xszgauss, xszhighect, xszigm, xszpcfabs, xszphabs, xszpowerlw, xszredden, xszsmdust, xsztbabs, xszvarabs, xszvfeabs, xszvphabs, xszwabs, xszwndabs, xszxipcf